Pokemon Fables
Another guest...oh great. It seems like you're missing out on all of the opportunities of this forum. Please don't let that happen and please join Pokemon Fable. We are currently developing but it won't be a bad idea to join now.
Pokemon Fables
Another guest...oh great. It seems like you're missing out on all of the opportunities of this forum. Please don't let that happen and please join Pokemon Fable. We are currently developing but it won't be a bad idea to join now.
Pokemon Fables
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hello and welcome to Pokemon Fables! A site made for advance Pokemon role players. Pokemon Fables
Join now! We have very few members for the site, but our population will start growing slowly. Also, vote daily. Pokemon Fables
The Grand Stadium is not holding any tournaments. Sorry! x,,...,x"Pokemon Fables
Join the site today and you'll be able to get rare items such as Rare Candy for your Pokemon to start of their journey. Hurry now, before it ends on the last day of June! Pokemon Fables
Let's give a warm welcome to our new member jordigomez!
Vote for Us
Vote For Pokemon Fables
at Pokemon RP Topsites

Top Sites List
Welcome
As a trainer, your job is to beat all the gym leaders of each region. As a coordinator, your job is ton win all of the ribbons of each contest section. And as a breeder, your job is to breed as many Pokemon as possible and maker Pokemon with a special touch. At Pokemon Fables, we set up a vast variety of options and you can decide to be a villian, a hero, a romantic one, or a complete show off. You decide! Our three regions make the role play experience even more a challenge. To top it off, we have the Grand Stadium which holds battles for trainers, coordinators, or breeders. We strive to bring equal attention to every one of our members. You don't have to worry, our mods and admins are super friendly! We would love for you to join our community. You won't regret it!
Latest topics
» {Sonny_-_101.zip}
The Basics EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 5:15 am by 

» Stray - A Pokémon RP/FanFic Story
The Basics EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:21 pm by Guest

» Far and Wide: Canon Pokemon Adventures
The Basics EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 7:26 am by Guest

» Moonlight Destiny-A Sailor Moon RP
The Basics EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:14 pm by Guest

» Pick-Up Ability
The Basics EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:39 pm by Mayumi

» Shiny Pokemon Encounters
The Basics EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:32 pm by Mayumi

» Evolutions Based on Places
The Basics EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:25 pm by Mayumi

» Items to Buy
The Basics EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:29 pm by Mayumi

» Layout for Sending Letters
The Basics EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 12:53 pm by Mayumi

Top posters
Mayumi
The Basics I_vote_lcapThe Basics I_voting_barThe Basics I_vote_rcap 
KimmiTanaka
30turtle
Tyler
Verzweifelt
Whitebeard

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Partner Site(s)
Affiliates
Copyright
All pictures were not made by nor created by Pokemon Fables. Pokemon is not something made up by Pokemon Fables, but made by The Pokemon Company and Nintendo. All rights reserved.

The Basics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KimmiTanaka
Admin
KimmiTanaka

The Basics Empty
PostSubject: The Basics   The Basics EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:08 pm

You have just decided to start your journey. Your dreams are laid out in front of you. Your supplies are packed. You have all you need to start your journey. But, you have no idea where you are going or what to do in this crazy world of Pokemon. That's when you stumble upon a large, dusty book.

The Basics Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVQ95EPKYth6FfA9oyAQLTh4qtDIpRLmRTRFlbYrACS1Oxqh-fiQ

Out of curiosity, you pick up this book and discover the title of it is Pokemon for Noobs. Slightly embarrassed, but more freaked out, about how convenient it was that you found this book, you open the ancient pages and begin to read, soaking in knowledge about Pokemon and dangers and challenges that you may face on your journey.

Index
Chapter 1: Starting Out
Chapter 2: Traveling
Chapter 3: Battling
Chapter 4: Gyms and Contests
Chapter 5: Breeding

Chapter 1: Starting Out

Hello, beginner Pokemon tamer. You are new to this world of Pokemon, and ignorant as to how things work, but that will soon change. Once you have read the text written upon these old pages you will be enlightened in the way of Pokemon mastering.

Have you not a Pokemon right now? If you wish to receive a basic Pokemon starter, you must first see a Pokemon Professor. Where this Professor is, is dependent on which region you have chosen.
If you native to the Nedic Region, then you must venture to see Professor Fern, a strong young man who has devoted his life to studying how Pokemon interact with their environments.
If you are in the Jodulu Region, then you should meet Professor Redwood, a midded-aged woman who has many years of Pokemon research under her belt.
Or, perhaps, you are from the Spoax Region. In which case you might see Professor Yew, a passionate man who tends to overreact when someone questions his work in Pokemon psychology.

If you already have your own Pokemon, however, you need not see a Professor, though it would be beneficial if you did. Professors are known to hand out items to young trainers, and on some occasions they even give the young Pokemon tamer a task to accomplish.

One you have decided where you are going and who you are, it would be wise to stop by a Pokemon Center and register your PC. A PC is a wonderfully simple device where you register your information and store Pokemon that you cannot fit into your team of Six Pokemon.

Now, young Pokemon tamer, turn the page and continue your quest for knowledge. What you have just read is only the basics of this world. You must know what a master knows before risking yourself in this hectic world.

-----

You glanced up from the dusty old book. Why were you reading this? You already knew how to raise Pokemon! But something inside of you forced your eyes to move back to the book and your hand to flip the page. You had to keep reading this mysterious book.

-----

Chapter 2: Traveling

You may wonder why there is a chapter solely for the purpose of traveling. You have known how to walk since you were a child, so why is this here? That, my Pokemon tamer, is a simple question with a simple answer: To ensure that we are on the same page (how funny of a pun that was!)

You may be in only one place at a time, this you should already know from experience. Coincidentally, you must follow the path set before you. There are no means of teleportation here. You must pass through every area between your current location and your destination. You cannot avoid areas that seem to be dangerous. You must face these dangers with a brave heart and a strong mind.

However, once you've became a skilled trainer, you may begin to master the art of Flying. First, you must catch a Pokemon with wings that is big enough to support you over a distance. You must have a strong bond with this Pokemon, otherwise your flight plan might go wrong and you will end up landing a few towns too early. Be sure that your Pokemon trusts you and you return that trust.

----

The sun was beginning to set in the distance, but you couldn't break free of the trance that held you to this book. But, your legs were beginning to ache from standing so long. You move to sit under and old oak tree, your back pressed against the aging wood and your eyes glue to the pages of this book.

-----

Chapter 3: Battling

On your journey you will face many challenges, one of which will be Pokemon Battling. Pokemon battling can be as intense as a Gym battle, to as simple as fighting a wild Caterpie. Be warned, every battle should be taken seriously, even if you have an advantage. The ties in the Pokemon world are ever changing and unpredictable.

When you face a trainer in a Pokemon battle, you will both choose which Pokemon you will battle with. Once each trainer has chosen their Pokemon, they will command their Pokemon to execute an attack. Battling is an art that cannot be learned through these dusty old pages, but rather by trial and error in the real world.

-----

You yawn softly and rub your eyes. The sun was now half way hidden behind trees in the far distance. It was late, and you should probably be leaving, but you were almost done... Just two more chapters then you'll leave.

-----

Chapter 4: Gyms and Contests

Young Pokemon tamer. Have you decided if you will be a Trainer who conquers the Gym leaders of each region, or a Coordinator who masters the art of glorifying Pokemon and highlighting their Pokemon's natural talents?

Each town has one Gym which is led by a Gym Leader. The Gym leader will specialize in a specific type of Pokemon and is the strongest Trainer in the town. Seeing as how Trainers start out in different towns, the Gym leader's Pokemon strength will be determined by how many badges you posses upon reaching the gym, as seen below.

0 Badges- Level 7-11
1 Badge- Level 15-20
2 Badges- Level 23-27
3 Badges- Level 30-34
4 Badges- Level 37-40
5 Badges- Level 41-43
6 Badges- Level 44-47
7 Badges- Level 47-50
8 Badges- Level 50-55

There are three gyms per region. Any person can do math and see that there is a gym missing from the chart above. That is because there is a set gym as your last gym. Trainers may start out with different badges, but in the end, their last battle will be with the same gym leader. That gym leader's Pokemon will be levels between 60 and 65. Make sure you are well prepared for that battle before even setting foot inside the building.

Lets say you decide on being a Coordinator instead. If that's the case then you will take the contest challenge rather than the gym challenge. In a Contest, Coordinators set up a routine to empress the Judges. To do so, they emphasize their Pokemon's natural Beauty, Coolness, Cuteness, Smartness, or Toughness. Coordinators need to obtain 5 Ribbons before they are entered into the Contest Hall of Fame.

-----

The sun is nearly completely gone and stars are starting to pop up in the darkening sky. You're already tired eyes are becoming heavy and your reading slows, but still you persist on reading this old, worn book.

-----

Chapter 5: Breeding

To Breed a Pokemon, you must first be a Breeder. Then, you must have two Pokemon that are compatible. You take your Breeding pair to the Breeding Shop forum and simply start a topic describing how your Pokemon sneak away from you and when you find them, they had an Egg.

Once you have your Egg, you may choose to sell it to a Trainer or Coordinator, or you can keep it for yourself and raise the baby Pokemon.
To learn more on Pokemon Breeding, you may want to look at a resourceful book titled Pokemon Breeding. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_breeding)

-----

You wake with a start. Your legs are tangled within your sheets and blankets and your pillows are thrown onto the floor beside your bed. You frantically look around. It was only then that you realize that you were dreaming. Or... Were you? Had reading that book been all some crazy dream?

You look at the clock that reads 3:24 AM. Your Pokemon journey starts tomorrow. You need all the rest you can get. Slowly, you lay back in bed and try to sleep again.
Back to top Go down
http://tokairegion.forumotions.net/

The Basics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Fables :: General :: Rules and Roleplay Stuff-
Jump to: